Services - Soil
The concern about soil contamination is becoming more and more important in almost all European countries. Certain regions have already taken legislative initiatives for quite some time. Most of these initiatives aim at identifying and evaluating the risks of historical soil contamination due to more than 100 years of industrial evolution, and at avoiding new additional contamination.
MAVA has built up definite expertise in this field, starting with the detection and mapping of soil contamination, the evaluation of the risks involved and the necessity of remediation, up to the development of remediation projects and the coordination of the execution thereof.
Among others following services are offered:
- investigation of the possible occurrence of soil contamination
- in depth characterisation of contaminated sites
- risk studies
- geohydrological studies and groundwater modelling
- development of remediation projects
- design and implementation of pilot scale remediations
- coordination and guidance of remediation works
- brownfield development